We address sensory and motor disregulation through reflex integration strategies. This method is a “bottom-up” approach, first addressing the brainstem (the lowest center in our brain), which controls our fight/flight/freeze responses. When this area of the brain is well regulated, we have much better access to the pre-frontal cortex (highest center in our brain) for impulse control, reasoning and executive functioning.
A video explaining our primary methodology, MNRI, can be viewed here.
A video explaining neurotransmitters can be found here.
A video explaining MNRI as a breakthrough in neurological treatment can be found here.
Our primary methodology, reflex integration, addresses the difficulties that clients with these diagnoses have: ADHD, ASD, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Sensory Processing Disorder, PTSD, Anxiety, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Apraxia and many more.
- Fill out 4 forms that we have listed on our website (link to pages)
Our Billing Administrator, Julie Frazier, will verify your insurance and let you know if there would be any out of pocket expenses. She will also send you an email with a link to complete a payment authorization form. We will contact your physician to get a doctor’s order for OT and/or speech services. Once we have all the above, you will receive an email with scheduling options for your initial evaluation.
- You will get a reminder text message sent from our records system 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Your therapist will have reviewed all the intake forms and will begin the evaluation.
- If we need you to wait in your car we will notify you prior to your appointment, otherwise come into the clinic and you will be greeted by your therapist.
Treatment sessions are 50 minutes (unless you’ve scheduled a 30 min spot).
If you should need to contact your therapist for any reason, you can call the office line 913-257-5808, and select the appropriate mailbox for her to leave her a message. She will get the message immediately.
It’s generally best to make other arrangements for siblings. It’s paramount that the session is therapeutic and educational. Due to liability reasons, siblings are not allowed on equipment or in therapy areas. This can be a very difficult situation for the therapist as our equipment and therapy areas look very inviting. Please help us by setting the expectation with the sibling if they do attend
We have a waiting list of clients who would like services. This can significantly increase the time it takes to get your child seen. We still have a few options:
- You may wish to schedule at least a one-time evaluation appointment (even if it’s during the school day) where our therapist could determine level of need and give you some “homework” while you wait to get in to see us on a more frequent basis.
- Additionally, we can put your child on a cancellation list. Occasionally we have last-minute or temporary cancellations from current clients. We would contact you and offer that spot.
- We can put your child on a waiting list until a consistent spot opens up.
- We offer tele-health appointments as well.
It is difficult to determine actual length of service for those that enter the clinic, however we do know that when parents do the “homework” our therapists give, there are typically faster gains. During the evaluation, very often you are given your first piece of homework that can be done within your daily routine. That being said, we schedule with the intent of a weekly basis, but certainly try to work within your timeframe and budget. As progress is made, we strive to reduce frequency to bi-monthly and then monthly as needed.
Please refer to our cancellation policy. This is part of the required forms prior to beginning services. We reserve a time slot specifically for you. We partner with you in this journey and want this to be a top priority in your weekly schedule.
Please refer to the MNRI website for Dr. Masgutova’s scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals, testimonials and various articles.
Additionally, there is a FREE download from Dr. Masgutova’s website, TRAUMA RECOVERY.
“One of the most tragic train accidents in the history of the world occurred in a picturesque valley in the Urals of Russia in 1989. Thousands of people volunteered their time and expertise in order to support the hundreds of people faced with unfathomable challenges of survival. This is not a book of tragedy, it is an inspirational book of victory over tragedy. Dr. Svetlana Masgutova discovered the importance of using specialized movements to assist the children in rapidly recovering from shock and hysteria and thereby eventually unveiling the winner within.”
–Dr. Svetlana Masgutova – Creator of the Masgutova Method®